Among BNP Paribas Real Estate’s ambitions in terms of diversity, advancing gender diversity is a priority. The company commits to countering stereotypes and enhancing change through 7 measures:
- Compliance with the general principle of non-discrimination
- Ensuring equal treatment for equal responsibility, training, experience and skills
- Arranging a career interview one month before returning from maternity leave
- Taking a positive approach to requests for part-time working, for both men and women
- Enabling staff to achieve work-life balance by keeping meetings within working hours
In 2012, BNP Paribas Real Estate launched the international Women in Leadership programme which aims to change attitudes, increase the number of women in management and increase the diversity of teams.
Each year around 40 female employees, identified by the company as having high potential, attend a dedicated training course. This comprises four workshops designed to offer them the tools and keys for success to increase their profile and their leadership within the company.
The following year, in order to continue their development, each participant joins a mentoring programme to benefit from support and advice from a member of the company’s management team, through discussions and regular meetings.
Two years after the launch of Women in Leadership, 80 employees have taken part in the programme and 20% of them have been promoted.